Spirulina is a natural, blue green algae that springs from fresh bodies of water. It is incredibly high in protein and various kinds of vitamins and minerals, the fact why it's now referred to as "super food." It's now being processed and sold as supplement worldwide in the form of powder, tablets, and capsules.
Spirulina is essentially made up 65% protein and amino acids, and tons of vitamins and minerals including thiamine/vitamins B1, folic acid/ B9, nicotinamide/B3, riboflavin/B2, pyridoxine/B6, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, iron, calcium, potassium, sodium, chromium, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, manganese, selenium and zinc.
That's not all! Spirulina also contains the fatty acid GLA (gamma linolenic acid) and Omega 3, 6, and 9; these nutrients have anti-inflammatory properties which is great for people with joint pains and other kinds of inflammation.
With all those nutrients found at this fabulous product, what are the benefits that one can get from taking a daily dose of Spirulina? Aside from preventing the occurrence of sniffling, sneezing, and other sorts of allergies, Spirulina is also a great source of protein, with more protein content than red meat, making it a great protein-source substitute to vegetarians as well as those who want to build muscles.
Aside from those aforementioned health benefits of Spirulina, here are other proven perks one can enjoy with regular intake of the said super food.
- balances the blood pressure and lowers the risk of stroke
- helps in normalizing cholesterol in the body
- Spirulina's chlorophyll content helps remove toxins from the blood
- Spirulina's phosphorus content helps in tooth remineralization regimen
- helps boost the immune system
- increases fat burning during exercise
- helps reduce the risk of cancer
- Spirulina's high concentration of bio-available iron is great for pregnant women and for those with anemia
- Spirulina's calcium content is 26 times more than what's in milk; so it's excellent for kids, the elderly and for pregnant women
- There's an ongoing study on Spirulina having anti-viral as well as immuno-boosting effects in people with HIV and AIDS
Spirulina is available in powder, tablet, and capsule form at the Beehive Natural Foods Store.
The store is located at: 6490 Bird Rd., Miami, FL 33155
For more information, call us at +1 305-666-3360. The store is open from Mondays to Saturdays, from nine in the morning to seven in the evening.
You can also visit https://www.facebook.com/thebeehivenaturalfoods to get updates on our latest products and services.